Specialist Training Workshop
Tuesday 21st November 2017~ 9 am-4 pm Newcastle
Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
The women that Rape Crisis Tyneside and Northumberland work with say that what they find most helpful is understanding, acceptance, support and someone to listen to them in a non-judgemental environment. Many workers tell us that they want to provide this but often feel out of their depth or concerned that they may say the wrong thing when receiving a disclosure about sexual abuse.
This workshop aims to increase supporters’ confidence, awareness, knowledge and skills relating to adults who have experienced child sexual abuse and to explore the issues that may affect workers when receiving disclosures.
- Understand what we mean by childhood sexual abuse
- Understand the incidence of childhood sexual abuse
- Understand what stops children disclosing at the time
- Understand the effects of childhood sexual abuse on adults
- Know what makes adults eventually disclose experiences of childhood sexual violence
- Know how to handle an initial disclosure of childhood sexual abuse by an adult
- Know what services exist to support adults who have experienced childhood sexual abuse
- Know how the system handles reports by adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
This workshop is most suited to individuals who have limited experience of working with women and men who have experienced childhood sexual abuse.
To register your interest in this training, follow this link to fill out a Booking Form
For any further information, email:email@example.com
Bespoke in-house training can also be arranged. Contact us for details.